What are the companies with the best internships? The best way to find out is by asking interns themselves. Careers website WayUp.com did just that, asking current interns to rank the best summer internships. Here are the top five companies on their list:
- Under Armor: Known for its slick sportswear gear, Under Armour is headquartered in Baltimore. The company prides itself on core values of innovation, creativity, diversity and inclusiveness. Under Armour provides paid internships to interns in the fields of design, arts and sciences, engineering and technology, and business. Students get the same training as any entry level employee, as well as a mentor, hands-on work experience, and learning seminars. As a bonus, interns can explore the city of Baltimore during their internship.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise provides full and part-time, paid internships across the U.S. in management, accounting, and as a brand ambassador. All students are trained as any entry-level employee, working face-to-face with customers and learning about different marketing and sales techniques. The company specifically looks for interns who are “ambitious, customer-focused, adaptable and fun-loving.”
- CohnReznick: CohnReznick is one of the top accounting, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., with offices across the country. Interns in their program gain account experience in exciting and emerging industries, which helps boost resumes. As part of the company’s vision, its goal is to foster a workplace culture that “develops leaders and values diversity.”
- Newell Brands: Newell brands cover everything from Rubbermaid to Sharpie, Graco, Yankee Candle, and many more. Their paid, 12-week summer internship program offers students managers and mentors, social activities, discounted swag, and access to real-world experience. Available internships focus on everything from customer service to research, design, finance, legal, and more.
- Google: It’s no surprise that one of the largest and hottest tech companies is also top of the list for internships. Based in California, Google offers internships in business, engineering and technology. Working with the Google platform allows students to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make a potential impact on millions of users. Also, interns benefit from mentors, learning opportunities and the ability to network with top workers in their field.